Tuesday 31 July 2012

June post :)

Time flies when your having fun...not! time still flies even when your not having fun which explained June adequately i think, rain...rain and just to be interesting...more rain OK the garden has never looked so good we have had plants sprouting up and flowering which they never did the last 2 summers the strangest being walnut tree's...and even stranger is the places they have been growing from. Hanging baskets....the back lawn 2 of the raised beds and 2 flower pots? so who ever you are that's planting them you can stop now i have enough walnut tree's thank you!
2 highlights of the month was that we received our new queen for our hive, she came with her entourage of 6 workers and had a lovely yellow disc attached to her back with the number 99 on it...which has been great the few times we have checked the hive as we can spot her straight away :) which with my eye sight has been a boon lol.
The other thing that happened in June was the acquisition of some more rabbits....yes more! well since we got the glavcots and the brown siberian 'sibs' we have fallen for this lovely breed, now ok there is an ulterior motive for them but i will  chat about that another time but here are the pictures :)
these are lilac siberians a wonderful colour, this is the doe Vivienne

and this is the buck Trevor, both of these were aquired through the help of a lovely lady Laurel Benson who informed us that a breeder in Ireland was given up his rabbits due to ill health, well i did have to travel to Grimsby to pick them up from another breeder who brought them over which was great.
This last doe is from Lauren who we have named Lillie, so these are our latest ...and last...additions the the rabbitry...honest...no i mean it....
The last thing that happened in june was my mum came over for a couple of weeks, now straight away i have to thank someone who actually ended up looking after her and having her stay with her own family longer than with me is my ex wife julie and her partner colin....i know i know 'your ex wife' your saying but we have always got on really well even when we parted, my son and daughter stayed with her she met colin i met kim and we get on really well you should of been here for my sons 21st birthday a few years back totally unreal my wife...my ex wife..her partner my ex mother in law my current mother in law, my mum, my wife kims ex husband and his partner, my brother and his family and kims brothers and their families??? and we are all pictured together having a great time lol.....dont know why lol but pretty proud that we all get on ok :) anyway hopefully that explains my ex looking after my mum...it helped us out as Kim and I were both working so mum would of been by her self more often than not if she had stayed the whole time. Anyway it was a great couple of weeks with a barb-b to finish with my brother andy and his wife and 2 girls coming over and staying over night :) so although June was a wash out in many ways it ended up finishing ok :) so that was June i will start on july as soon as possible so until then l8rs .

No comments:

Post a Comment